Gas Safe Plumbing & Heating
Why you should choose me:You need to ensure that the company you choose will send out a qualified gas engineer who is fully trained to deal with Power Flushing. I' have 30 years experience, I'm a member of the PowerFlush Association and have public liability insurance to protect you and your property.
What happens during Power Flushing: The system is flushed with all valves open using a magnetic filter. The water is dumped out the system and fresh added to include chemicals (sentinel X800). The system is heated up and flushed through all open valves. Then all radiators are closed except for one and each radiator in turn is opened. Gas Safe Register
Gas Safe Register is the official list of gas engineers who are qualified to work safely and legally on gas appliances. By law, all gas engineers must be on the Gas Safe Register. It replaced CORGI.
All Gas Safe registered engineers carry a Gas Safe Register ID card. Before any gas work is carried out always check the card and make sure the engineer is qualified for the work you need doing.
Badly fitted and poorly serviced appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide is a highly poisonous gas. You can’t see it, taste it or smell it, but it can kill quickly with no warning.
Protect yourself from the dangers by following these simple steps:
- Only use a Gas Safe registered engineer to fit, fix or service your appliances
- Get your gas appliances regularly serviced and safety checked every year
- Fit an audible carbon monoxide alarm
- Check for warning signs such as lazy yellow flames or black marks or stains around the appliance.
- Know the six main signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning – headaches, dizziness, nausea, breathlessness, collapse and loss of consciousness.
Always ask for a Gas Safe registered engineer and always ask to see their ID card. If you suspect anyone to be working illegally report them to us. If you have had gas work done in your property in the last six months, you can nominate it for a free gas safety inspection. For more information and to find and check an engineer go to